[Sca-cooks] 15th century manuscript cookbook - Salzburg lucullarium

Sam Wallace guillaumedep at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 15:29:31 PDT 2010

Doc,

You might try using one of the many online translators out there. I have
plugged the site into http://translate.google.com and had good luck. At
the very least, you will have a general idea of what you are looking at
and how to navigate the site. I will caution you that some of the
translations are a little off, but if you keep the original open for
comparison and perhaps have another source for the obvious mistakes, you
should do well.

Salzburg University Library - Department of Special Collections, Medical
and scientific manuscript collection: MI 128, fol. 325r-325v
Transcription and modern German:
http://www.ubs.sbg.ac.at/sosa/lucull/lucull128.htm
Digital scans: http://www.ubs.sbg.ac.at/sosa/lucull/lucull128images.htm

Yours,

Guillaume

I'm having trouble with the German and with navigating the site.  Is
there a title and shelfmark for this manuscript?  Is the whole document
online, or is it just an excerpt?

- Doc