[Sca-cooks] A preserved lemon question

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 13:12:01 PST 2010

No.  If you made them just with washed lemons and salt and the lemons have
been completely submerged they should be fine.  If you open them and the top
ones doesn't look so hot just toss those and the ones below should be fine.
Just add lemon juice to cover them and store in the fridge - that's where we
store ours after we open them.  The first jar I put up lasted us more than 3
years (I think I packed about 15 lemons in a quart mason jar) and we've only
just opened the one I made last year - it'll probably last equally as long.
Shoshana