[Sca-cooks] Nola's "albanal"

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 18:25:52 PST 2010

Suey,

I don't think it does appear in the recipes.  I think it must be in
one of the first two chaptesr, which I have not translated.  I can't
lay my hand on my copy of Perez right now, but I'm trying to find the
word in the Juan Cruz Cruz transcription.  Google books allows only a
snippet view of the 1929 Perez edition, but I was able to see the word
with a bit of surrounding text:
http://books.google.com/books?id=AHgcAAAAMAAJ&q=alba%C3%B1ar#search_anchor

Incidentally, though I used Perez for my initial translation, I
cross-checked it against the facimile edition, and found a number of
typos and also some missing text.

Brighid ni Chiarain
--
Robin Carroll-Mann