[Sca-cooks] Cinnamon in German cooking, esp knodeln

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Fri Nov 26 09:11:43 PST 2010

Just a quick further comment on the vinegar.
So the red wine vinegar is at 5.1% acidity following a period recipe.
BUT the complexity of flavor is VERY different than a modern Red Wine Vinegar.
I am using dregs from several different red wines (I have in the past used one type and found it to be pretty much the same) and a purchased mother.
It seems more astringent than a modern one and more acid but when tested it is not. And the aroma is way more interesting.
It is not at all like modern red wine vinegar. BUT it is NOT more acid.
Eduardo

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.net