[Sca-cooks] Asleep at the stick!

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 13:04:39 PST 2010

Thanks to "Troy's" explanation (is that you Phil?) of barding in Sydney
Crawford's medieval vocabulary on line, I found a gross error in my blog
at http://spanishfoodma.blogspot.com/
I listed the word "albarda" as a larding needle. I corrected that
immediately as soon as I discovered how I had mixed up larding with
barding.
Please check out "aguja de mechar" in my blog. I think it makes sense,
not before as the day the word was "albardar".
Also, a friend informed me of erroneous prepositions in a blog. I will
correct that this week-end. Prepositions are very difficult when
changing languages. For instance "on" or "in" is a twister. In Spanish
the meat is "in" the table, which makes English speaking people laugh
cause they do cannot conceive of the meat being "in" the table!
I appreciate ever so much your corrections, commentaries etc. I find my
blog most positive cause I am learning so much from this thinking about,
double checking and developing just one word a day.
Suey