[Sca-cooks] Risi e bisi

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Oct 18 11:15:18 PDT 2010

The dish shows up as Risotto Coi Piselli in Pelligrino Artusi's The Art of
Eating Well (1891).  Risi e bisi appears to be the Venetian name and it is
supposedly a Renaissance festival dish.  Lacking contemporary recipes, I
doubt the stated age of the dish.  I think it is more likely to have
appeared with the new pea varietals in the 17th Century.

Bear