[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 54, Issue 39

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Thu Oct 21 04:05:04 PDT 2010

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:07:54 -0600
From: "Kathleen A Roberts" <karobert at unm.edu>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Frozen pomegranate jewels

Actually I usually do it precooked and frozen then thawed
and heated there, but I think they are also worried about
how you cool and store at home.  I once had a helpful
person ruin over 20 lbs of chicken because she threw it
all in her fridge at once to cool.  i could have killed
her when i oppend those ziplocks!  more chicken was bought
and cooked on site.

cailte

I once heard a chef talk about having a similar thing happen, except he was
catering a very large event and had a very large quantity of lobster which
was perfectly cool on the outside, and completely rotten in the middle. So
even the professionals can mess up food safety sometimes.

Angharad