[Sca-cooks] Not Scappi, but M. Leonardo Fiorvanti

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Oct 25 03:27:34 PDT 2010

Baroness Helewyse is using a copy of

Del compendio de, secreti rationale. Dell'eccell. dottore, & caualiero
M. Leonardo Fiorauanti Bolognese. Libri cinque... Con la tauola di
tutti i capitoli. Venetia : appresso gli heredi di Melcho Sessa, 1581.

and not Scappi.

It's the text that provides the cheese and dairying instructions for
her article in the Florilegium. The following cheese and dairying
instructions were found in an unlikely location, namely Compendio de i
secreti rationali di M. Leonardo Fiorvanti Bolognese, Medico &
Cirugico.  (The Compendium of rational secrets of M. Leonardo
Fiorvanti of Bologna, Medic and Surgeon).  The full text of this
document is available via BNF Gallica (http://gallica2.bnf.fr/ ).

Hope this helps

Johnna