[Sca-cooks] An apple-related question...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 25 20:59:42 PDT 2010

Margaret FitzWilliam said:
<<< So, it is apple season again here in MN, and I have so far put six quarts
of apples in the freezer for use later on in the depths of winter, and I
still have...um...something like a half-bushel of apples yet to turn into
yummy things. >>>

I don't think I can help about your apple corer/slicer question, but just in case you might be looking for some period recipes to use on the rest of those apples, here are some Florilegium files.

apples-msg (123K) 3/29/10 Period apples and apple recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/apples-msg.html

Hst-U-o-Aples-art (24K) 1/21/06 "The Historical Uses of Apples" by Mistress Andrea MacIntyre.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/Hst-U-o-Aples-art.html

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com