[Sca-cooks] OP: in search of a cookie receipe

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Oct 2 09:33:12 PDT 2010

They list 86 chocolate chip recipes and 28 under chocolate chip cookie
at their website.
None of those will work?

http://winndixie.shoptocook.com/recipeweb/recipes.jsp

I think one of the major changes between making these sort of cookies
in the 1960's and now is that we used to make them with oleo and
sometimes a mixture of oleo/crisco. Now oleo has too much water in it
and we use butter. I'll try and see what I have in terms of a saved
chocolate morsels bag from years ago. I should have a 3 by 5 recipe
card with the bag's recipe cut out and glued on the card.

You might also browse through the book 101 Perfect Chocolate Chip
Cookies
  By Gwen Steege which is up on Google Books. Lots of recipes there
that can be copied off.

Ooooohhh take a look at A Baker's Field Guide to Chocolate Chip Cookies
  By Dede Wilson. Also on google books. Her books are just great. Lots
of recipes there too.

A search at Google Books on old fashioned  chocolate chip cookies
turns up a lot of recipes.

Johnnae