[Sca-cooks] cooking for a vigil

Irmgard irmgart at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 15:36:43 PDT 2010

Thank you to everyone who has responded so far!

In no particular order:

I'm not new to the SCA or the Kingdom, but relatively (about a year?)
new to the Barony, so asking me to do this is not a complete "what
were they thinking?" moment. I've been head cook or deputy for about 8
feasts, 2 of which were Kingdom level.

I will definitely chat with the person who asked and find out who else
I can talk to! (Asking members of the Order is a brilliant idea that I
should have thought of!),

I'm hoping that we will have space inside, but don't know yet. Either
way, I have access to at least one electric heated urn and one
candle-warmed electric urn (that is silver and freaking gorgeous and
I'm afraid to borrow it unless we don't have access to electricity
^_^)

OK, no on the soup. I really am OK with that. :)

Good idea with the warm chunks of meat in sauce and skewers, Also STC
(will have to choose a form)

The rotating different dishes throughout the day is a really good idea.

I'm not sure how many people are expected. Last year a LOT more people
came to the event because it was Baronial Investiture and the new
Baronage are very well-liked in other parts of the Kingdom (and
surrounds). If the elevation was public knowledge, I'd expect a
similar turnout, but I don't know how many extra people will come
without it being public knowledge. I'll see if I can get the numbers
from the last few years and figure it out from there (you're saying
expect about 1/2 the total attendees to show up? I'm good with running
with that number!)

~Irmgard