[Sca-cooks] Frozen pomegranate jewels

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 10:27:08 PDT 2010

I purchased several pomegranates last year for an event that comes a couple
of months after they've gone out of season.  I popped the seeds out,put them
on a tray on waxed paper and stuck them in the freezer.  Once they had
frozen, I put them in seal-a-meal bags without vacuuming out the air.  They
worked just fine.  By doing them this way they don't freeze together in one
unpleasant lump.

Kiri

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Kathleen A Roberts <karobert at unm.edu>wrote:

> I have just received a windfall of about two dozen pomegranates for free
> (that should take a hunk out of ye olde feast budget). I was thinking of
> freezing the jewels/seeds.
>
> Anyone have any experience with using them after freezing and thawing?
>
> Life has gotten incredibly interesting... in its infinite wisdom, the State
> of New Mexico has decreed that no precooked (moist/hot) food can be brought
> into kitchen site facilities.  It must be cooked on site.  YIKES!  I can
> feel my brain trying to crawl under the file cabinet even five days later.
>
> Cailte

> "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him
> through temporary periods of joy."
> W. B. Yeats

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince