[Sca-cooks] Gingerbread Playhouse

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 20 20:39:32 PDT 2010

Cariadoc said:
<<< The local group has an event called "Juvenalia." For my sins, I
suggested having, as one feature, a "play with your food" contest.
Contestants provide a period food that can be used as modeling clay
or the like, kids use it to make things. I plan to enter gingerbrede,
as the obvious candidate. >>>

*the* obvious candidate?

I'd think sugarpaste/sugarplate would be the more obvious example. I don't remember too many different shapes being done in gingerbread in period, but plenty of different shapes out of sugarpaste.

Of course the amount of time you can play with a particular lump of sugarpaste is more limited than a particular lump of gingerbread. I also have more trouble with my gingerbread being sticky and ending up all over my hands, compared to sugarpaste.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com