[Sca-cooks] Gingerbread Playhouse

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Thu Oct 21 04:18:59 PDT 2010

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 10:12:46 -0700
From: David Friedman <ddfr at daviddfriedman.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Gingerbread Playhouse

The local group has an event called "Juvenalia." For my sins, I
suggested having, as one feature, a "play with your food" contest.
Contestants provide a period food that can be used as modeling clay
or the like, kids use it to make things. I plan to enter gingerbrede,
as the obvious candidate.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com

Leche Lumbard (basically a paste made from cooking dates in wine until they
are mushy then thickening with breadcrumbs or ground almonds or crumbled
boiled egg) can be quite satisfactorily sculpted...

Angharad