[Sca-cooks] Spiral Bound or Perfect? One Book or Two

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 25 21:18:45 PDT 2010

<<<
Well, I like spiral-bound myself, and I find the non-recipe articles and
information just as interesting as the recipes. I shall encourage all in
my group to get their own copies (G). Although two volumes with the
recipe section in spiral bound and the other information perfect bound
might be the ideal, the cost may not make it worthwhile.

Morgana in Winter's Gate >>>

I think I agree on the separate volumes. I've had problems with paperback bound volumes that are too thick wanting to have pages come loose and then keeping up with the loose pages can be difficult.

Also having the non-food stuff in one volume and the recipes in another lets me risk only the food portion in the kitchen. Then if (when?) something gets spilled or dribbled on it, I only have to replace half the pair and not buy a completely new set.

It's also nice if the recipe volume is bound instead of spiral bound, to leave enough space on the binding edge to allow a recipe to photocopied and then that page endangered in the kitchen rather than the book itself. Unfortunately, right now, I don't have access to cheap copies at work.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com