[Sca-cooks] preserved lemons

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 21 22:15:36 PDT 2010

Madhavi said:
<<< I ended up not using the preserved lemons as I couldn?t find them, and
leaving the chickpeas slightly chunky instead of a smooth puree. I added
cilantro instead of mint to the batch I made for myself and thought it much
better. >>>

We've discussed on this list making preserved lemons, which might be the same as your recipes call for, so maybe next time you can make your own.

presrvd-lemons-msg(45K) 2/ 2/10 Dried, pickled and salted preserved lemons.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/presrvd-lemons-msg.html

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com