[Sca-cooks] MK Cooks’ Collegium - Thank You All!

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 27 19:16:58 PDT 2010

MK
Cooks’ Collegium - Thank You All!

Greetings
from Master Philip White,

As
the event steward the Middle Kingdom Cooks’ Collegium there are many people
that I would like to thank.

The
Collegium’s staff and volunteers did everything they could to help make the
event run as effortlessly as possible while providing an entertaining occasion
for all of our guests.

Please
be patient with me for the length of this post. Please also forgive any
oversights or incorrect spellings.

Thank you to Their Excellencies Ayreton, Henry of Exeter and Nadezda ze
Zastrizl, for their patronage of this event as it was hosted within Their
lands.

Acelina was our registration coordinator. She and her staffed helped about 100 attendees
from at least four Kingdoms come through gate. Some of who were at their very
first SCA function. Thanks to her and her team including Marissa who spent most
of the day helping her.

Nicholaa
coordinated the potluck for our evening meal. Considering how many moving parts
that job involved she did an excellent job. Thank you. And of course thanks to
everyone who made a tasty dish to share with all of us. There were over 40 feet
of food and another 8 feet of drinks.

 Our lunch and the coffee house were provided
by Fox Vale under the direction of Kara. Thanks to her and her team with
helping feed the caffeine cravings of our early birds and giving people an
option on site for food without having to leave site. Her staff was great!

Thanks of course to our many teachers. You are who made this event possible!
Thank you Aasa, Alys Katharine, Ann, Berengaria, Bojei, Caitriona, Edouard,
Elayne, Elizabeth, Eoghan, Felice, Gianetta, Gavin, Giles, Gwyneth, Hauviette,
Helewyse, Iago, Johann, Kara, Kateryn, Katherine, Kiritsubo, Nicholaa, Raphael,
Richard, Sarra, Suzanne, Tacit, and Verena. Just a few of them had real life
intervene so that they could not make it the day of the event but we were glad
to have them volunteer all the same. Special thanks to Guthar as our guest
instructor and key note speaker.

Thank you Alys for your help in proof reading the event promotional materials. (She
is probably cringing now wishing I had had her proof this email too! lol)

Thank
you Sabine for your help on the floor plans. This really helped with our
questions about accessibility and event paring.

Many
thanks to Elias for his excellent work as out webminister. He was very easy to
communicate with and did a great job of understanding what materials I was
asking be posted to our website. I believe a good part of our success was due
to having more information up early and with easy access. Thank you for making
that happen.

Thank
you Felice for all your work on compiling our teachers’ biographical
information. Your experience was a perfect fit for adding something special to
the event.

Thanks
to Twm for organizing the walking tour Sunday after the event. It was a great
way to help people extend their weekend and find something else to get out of
their trip to Chicagoland.

Thank
you Katherine as the site liaison. You were able to answer so many questions
that people normally don’t have to deal with. Imagine a combination of animal
slaughtering, laptop projections, elevator access, and digging holes in the
ground. All of this and she is also the Canton’s Seneschal. Her help we truly
invaluable and I feel honored to have worked alongside her.

Our
crash space coordinator was Julienne. Thank you to all the people who were
willing to open up their homes. We had many people who came to the Canton for
the Collegium from all over the Known World. Your generosity

made their trips more possible. Thank you for being such great hosts.

Our
event set up crew included Katherine, Elias, Elisot, Gunthar, Elizabeth, Nicholaa,
Adam and others. The morning of the event went so much more smoothly because of
this team of early birds

We had to reset the main hall for our evening meal. Thank you to everyone who
helped reset from day camps and merchants to place tables and chairs for our
pot luck so that the transition went smoothly and quickly.

 Our site clean up crew was extensive.
Many hands make light work. We were able to close out site even earlier than expected
which was very much appreciated by all. Thank you!

The
Canton of Vanished Wood officers and populace played an important part in
making this event even happen. They adopted the Collegium after a last minute
scheduling conflict even though their annual event All Souls (please come to
that too!) was scheduled just two weeks later. They are an amazing group and a
pleasure to work with. I am not sure another set of people would have been able
to pull it off with such ease.

Now,
I have most likely let one or two of you slip past my notice. Please do not
think that I appreciate your service any less. It is my lack for missing you –
or you are just exceptionally good at being modest. Hopefully I will catch you
later, recognize your face, and be able to thank you in person.

Many
people made this event happen and I am thankful for the Canton, friends in
Ayreton, and the rest of the

Kingdom for making it such a wonderful time.

Your Servant to Command,

~ philip white