[Sca-cooks] Cooking class in Paris

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 2 16:23:08 PDT 2011

This October my lady love and I will be going to France for a couple of weeks to tour
the country a bit. Starting in Lyon (the culinary capital of France) for a few days with
wine tours, a trip to the French Alps, a visit to the castle they are building in total period
fashion and then to Dijon where a visit to the Mustard Museum is a must. After that we
will be doing three days in Paris visiting the catacombs, the Monet exhibit, markets and
the like. I have just signed for an all day course at Le Cordon Bleu just for the fun of it.
The course is entitled "In Honor of Julia Child" and features some of the dishes she is
famous for introducing to America. This session will be Mussels in curried cream sauce (mouclade)
Traditional lamb ‘blanquette’ with seasonal vegetables and a Grandmother-style tart.

I already know how to make all of that but it will be fun to see the "French method" as
well as just having the bragging rights of attending a class there.

I'm looking forward to this.

Gunthar