[Sca-cooks] Favorite Medieval dish?

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Thu Aug 11 05:56:20 PDT 2011

--- Jim and Andi Houston <jimandandi at cox.net> schrieb am Do, 11.8.2011:

> My vigil is in a couple of weeks, and
> since my tireless quest is to promote
> medieval cooking in Trimaris, I decided to have a potluck
> spread at my
> vigil. About a dozen people have volunteered to bring their
> "favorite
> medieval dish" with a few small rules- they have to bring a
> copy of the
> original "receipt" and the name of the manuscript, and a
> copy of the
> redacted recipe. I'm leaving the details to my coordinator,
> but I'm wildly
> curious about what people are going to bring!
>
> What would you bring? Sky's the limit- your choice, any
> cuisine, any time
> period... choose for taste and coolness factor.

Well, it would have to be portable, OK to eat all day/night, and have broad appeal. Do people in your area already know the palette of Middle Eastern sweets? That would by my first consideration. Otherwise, maybe a Bolognese Tart or Scappi's quince jelly with rosewater wafers. Most of the really good period food I know depends on being servved fresh and hot.

With more preparation time to get good at it, air-dried sausages.

Cheers

Giano