[Sca-cooks] Freezing tarts.

Holly Stockley hollyvandenberg at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:32:56 PDT 2011

There probably isn't a good way to completely keep them from getting soggy on the bottoms, but it may not be a big deal.  Test run?  I know Grandma used to freeze unbaked pies and just bake them later.  But that's probably not an option or you'd just bake them on site.
I DO vaguely remember her doing some pot pies, blind baking the crust some, then buttering it before pouring in the filling and freezing them....

(I do have to say, the subject line above gave me pause for a moment.  Until the "SCA-cooks" bit sunk in, I was trying to work out who was discussing Ladies of Negotiable Virtue in Sub-Arctic weather, and why)
Femke

- Douglas Adams