[Sca-cooks] extracting capers from the jar

Kathleen Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Mon Aug 1 11:54:17 PDT 2011

I love capers, my husband loves capers, and I get them by the large bottles with wide mouths.   I too found the little bottles aggravating.  And they got lost in the fridge.

I usually get mine at the local restaurant supply store (that allows we mere mortals to shop without membership) where I also get large cans of Coleman's mustard and the spouse gets large cans of Old Bay.

cailte
confessed caper addict...

>>> Patricia Dunham <chimene at ravensgard.org> 8/1/2011 12:24 PM >>>
another way might be??? to do your extraction over a large bowl to catch any liquid, which could then be returned to the annoying bottle with a funnel...  this is just my alleged "common sense" reaction, I've never used capers in anything, that I can recall, 8-)
chimene