[Sca-cooks] Bacon

Jenn Strobel jenn.strobel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 18:23:30 PDT 2011

Euriol,

Excellent advice, thank you.  I've pulled out my copies of Varro, Cato and
Columella and started looking through.  Amazon has Tusser, but that won't
arrive until after I'd be teaching.  I'll get it for afterwards because it's
something I really should have.

I've also done some more poking around and found that a "gammon of bacon"
which is mentioned in several cookbooks (thank you medievalcookery.com) is
the cut of meat at the leg/rear end of the pig.  Do you have any insight
into this?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Best regards,

Odriana

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Euriol of Lothian <euriol at yahoo.com>wrote:

> You may want to take a look from an "animal husbandry" perspective. Varro,
> Cato (both Roman) and possibly Tusser (16th c. English) come to mind.
>

> Euriol

*Aude aliquid dignum*