[Sca-cooks] Great Rumpbolt Experiment - Success

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sat Dec 10 18:53:14 PST 2011

At Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:35:10 -0700, "Kathleen Roberts" wrote:

[We're currently en route from Atlantia, where Elizabeth and I spent the fall, home to the Mists, and I'm catching up on SCA-Cooks while she drives.]

(Description of an impressive Rumpolt lunch--but I didn't think any of his menus had a mere five or ten dishes, even for a farmer.)

The cordial was brandy based, with fresh ginger, honey, white pepper, clove
and cinnamon, considerably less of the latter three than the ginger. It was
very smooth, and the undertones bloomed in the mouth after the swallow.

I've never looked into cordials--for one thing, they are forbidden for my persona. What sort of sources do we have for them?

David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com
daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/