[Sca-cooks] Looking for a "gluten-free, plant-based (no animal protein or fat) and low/no fat" recipe ideas

yaini0625 at yahoo.com yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 11:31:11 PST 2011

I get this request often in the Waldorf School community. I successful dish I have made is a millet crusted quiche. It was basically millet, olive oil and water and made into a paste for the crust. Use fresh vegetables of choice. This fall I made one with winter squashes, onions and eggplants. Instead of egg and cheese base I used soft tofu and nutritional yeast and whipped it like an egg. Poured it over the vegetables and gently cooked it to 120 degrees. Raw vegans do not eat anything cooked over 120 degrees. It passed the raw vegan test and the pan was licked clean.
Personally, it looked unappetizing but for the gluten free raw vegans it is a hit.
Aelina Vesterlundr

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T