[Sca-cooks] Salted Lemons, was More loot and a question

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 08:29:18 PST 2011

Thank you, I guess you should find something in the Sicilian cooking as
well...
Ana

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Sharon Palmer <ranvaig at columbus.rr.com>wrote:

> A mundane question, how do you use preserved lemons? I knew the preserved
>> lemons with sugar, to be used, par example, in the Moroccan tagines, but I
>> don't have a clue how to used salted lemons.
>> Ana
>>

> Rumpolt has a number of recipes for salted lemons, here is one:
>
> Ochsen 70. 70.  Chop beef from the ribs/ that is for braising/ to pieces/
> set it to (the fire) with water/ and skim it clean/ if it is fatty/ then
> skim it off/ and glaze a cabbage (or herbs?) in it (in the skimmed fat)/
> and when it is half cooked/ then take it out from the broth into a water/
> and clean it off/ put it in a clean dish/ and pour the broth through a hair
> cloth/ put browned flour into it/ and a little vinegar/ take ground ginger/
> whole pepper/ unclarified fresh butter/ and salted lemons in it/ Pierce the
> lemon with a skewer/ and put it in the kettle/ and when you nearly will
> dress it/ then chop green well tasting herbs into it/ let it simmer a
> little with fresh butter/ take the lemon out/ and throw small chopped
> parsley over it/ like this it is white and elegant.
>
> Ranvaig

http://www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/gender-issues/
http://www.scoop.it/t/literary-exiles/
http://www.scoop.it/t/museums-and-ethics/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0
http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/

mobil/cell +4670-3213370

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci