[Sca-cooks] Loot-report, anyone?

Patricia Dunham chimene at ravensgard.org
Wed Dec 28 20:40:15 PST 2011

Have just discovered another food-related bit of loot -- the Reber Mozart Piano Bar that came in the stocking! It's just amazing... the pistachio marzipan part is a tremendously floral experience. Now to figure out how to get another one, the store was sold out when we went back! AND our Christmas dinner guest recognized it immediately, "but what I really want is a Mrs Mozart bar" -- which I can't find ANYWHERE on-line under that name!

Anybody know anything about imported German chocolate from Reber who could fill in about "Mrs Mozart bars"? I HAVE found "Constanze" truffle-like little balls, but don't know if that's right; and nothing at all like a Piano Bar form. The Constanze truffle-oids do seem to match up, in that they have an even higher hazelnut flavored component (marzipan, praline, both?), like what J described about the Mrs M bar... so they probably are extremely similar.

thanks
chimene