[Sca-cooks] Sous Vide was Making sausage

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Dec 29 06:36:20 PST 2011

It's all the rage and been featured on Top Chef for quite some time
now. I am surprised that you've never come across it.

Williams-Sonoma offers the equipment and describes it as:
.
"Sous vide is a technique where foods are slowly cooked in a vacuum-
sealed pouch inside a water bath. Offering precise temperature
control, paired with a circulating pump this thermal circulator
ensures incomparable flavor and texture every time."

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/polyscience-professional-sous-vide-thermal-circulator/

Search under sous vide on their website for more recipes and videos.

"In this recipe by Chef Michael Voltaggio, turkey pieces are first
cooked using the sous vide method. Then the fully cooked breasts and
drumsticks are deep-fried, and the thighs quickly seared, just before
serving. The turkey can be cooked in the sous vide circulator for up
to four days in advance; refrigerate in the vacuum-sealable bags."

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/voltaggios-sous-vide-turkey.html?cm_src=RECIPESEARCH

Johnnae