[Sca-cooks] children and feasts

Kathleen Gormanshaw kgormanshaw at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 09:09:28 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 12:15 AM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Merrade asked:
> <<< I am looking for your expert opinions on what might grab the children's attention in the kitchen. >>>

I had 5 kids happily using the apple peeler on apples and turnips.
Only problem came when one knocked over the glass measuring cup, it
shattered on the floor, and had the potential to have glass shards in
with the bucket collecting apple slices on the floor.  Lesson: don't
use glass containers!!

I had an older kid who was delighted to help stir, especially if
someone was able to listen to him chatter.

The girls worked best in pairs or threes, being able to talk to each
other while they did things.  They arranged some of the cheese and
things on platters.

Eyrny