[Sca-cooks] Taboo Meats

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 15:00:07 PST 2011

I recommend a great book about taboo meats (besides Marvin Harris), in the
Devils Garden, by Stewart Lee Allen,
Ana

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:42 PM, <yaini0625 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> In Australia we had kangaroo burgers. But, that was way in the back
> country.
> I had a chance to speak to a Gal from Korean who was open about eating dog.
> She said the Hill tribes usually ate dog but it was only a particular
> variety. How much truth was there, not sure. But, she was the first to
> openly speak about a taboo meat.
> I think I remember hearing that the Parisian McD had horse meat burgers.
> But, I thought it was a myth.
> In India, they do have a McDonalds. I wonder if they serve beef burgers.
> Aelina whose family eats Reindeer.
>
> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci