[Sca-cooks] Gestürtzte Eyer or Des Oeufs à la Falconner

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 14:25:41 PST 2011

> Des œufs à la falconner , sont des œufs frais dont on prend le jaûnequc
> l'on délaye dans un plat, & on y mêle du sucre , à la proportion d'une once
> pour deux œufs , un peu d'eau de fleur d'orange & d'ambre préparé , le tout
> étant bien mélé ensemble, on le met sur un petit seu [feu], pour former
> (sormer?) [former] de petites boules de la froffeur [grosseur] d'un jaûne
> d'{oe}uf, puis on v~erfe [verse] da sucre au caramel sur châcune de ces
> boules.
>
> which my non-existent french (with a little help from free translation
> software) says is something about "take fresh eggs, take the jaunequc
> (yolk?), and take sugar about 1 oz to every two egs, and orange flower water
> and some prepared "d'ambre", then mix it all together, and form little balls
> like the yolks? of eggs, and then.. well that's beyond either my or the
> translation programs poor abilities...

I read it as fresh eggs of which you take the yolks, (délaye would be to
stir I think) on a plate and in which you mix sugar, in proportion of an
ounce for every two eggs, a little bit of orange flower water and prepared
amber (I didn't know that could be eaten, but there are several references
to powdered amber in Google), everything being well mixed together, put on a
low fire to make small balls the size of an egg yolk, then pour caramel
sugar on each of these balls.