[Sca-cooks] Gesturtzte Eyer or Des Oeufs a  la Falconner

wheezul at canby.com wheezul at canby.com
Wed Feb 16 15:53:09 PST 2011

The same book has a sizable entry on ambre.  Perhaps it could refer to
ambergris, or, alternately the spice entry where it is identified as salix
amerina, but only used in Lyon.  However there is a verb 'ambrer' which
remarks that ambergris is added to hypocras.  I suspect it is ambergris.

Then entry:
http://books.google.com/books?id=KIQ-AAAAcAAJ&pg=PT177&dq=Dictionnaire+universel+fran%C3%A7ois+et+latin,+contenant+la+signification+%22ambre%22&hl=en&ei=D1pcTZfbO4y6sAOPm836AQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Katherine