[Sca-cooks] Selling off Shire Books to help defray Ceilidh's medical costs

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Sat Feb 19 19:25:13 PST 2011

My wonderful companion dog Ceilidh (pronounced "kay-lee") has developed an
issue that must have surgical correction immediately. I am faced with an
enormous medical bill that must be paid.

To help defray the costs of the surgery, I am putting the remainder of my
Shire Book business inventory up for sale.  I have a complete list of what
I've got and the discounted prices for each one.  If you are interested in
seeing the list and helping us out, please send me an email at:
kingstaste at comcast.net .  Feel free to forward the list to others who might
be interested.

Shire Books are small pamphlet and paperback publications on a variety of
topics including architectural, collecting, domestic, industrial, rural and
social themes, illustrated with photographs, engravings and drawings.  They
are Anglo-centric to be sure, but the small size and scope of each one
provides the opportunity for some very specialized information.  There is
also a short list of new CD's by various SCA-related artists and The Pennsic
War DVD produced in 2004, suitable for showing at demos.

I was a Shire Book dealer from 1988 to 2006, and these books are all in new
condition except where noted.  I have been sitting on them for a few years,
but now I would really like to move them out and help defray the costs of
this emergency medical expense.

My sincere thanks,

Christianna MacGrain