[Sca-cooks] suet Vs. fat

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 1 21:33:19 PST 2011

Alizaundre answered my questions of suet vs. fat with:
<<< The very best suet is found around the kidneys. Lard is pork suet, and the kidney sections are called "leaf lard" and have always been considered the best quality. >>>

Oh! Part of my question was where would I even find "suet". But I have seen packages of lard in my local grocery store. Does this mean that in most cases if a recipe calls for "suet" that I can use lard?  This could make things easier since I'm not even sure where to find a specialty butcher shop here locally.

Thanks,
   Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com