[Sca-cooks] Udder was oxtail

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Wed Feb 2 13:08:40 PST 2011

Ouverture has two recipes involving udder.  The recipes just say 'cooked'.
Larousse Gastronomique suggests blanched then braised, though they could
have simply been boiled.  One of the two recipes then calls for the already-
cooked udder to be wrapped within a caul and roasted on a spit, with a recipe
title of "Roasted cow's udder".

Thorvald