[Sca-cooks] goats milk cheese recipe

wheezul at canby.com wheezul at canby.com
Fri Feb 4 16:35:54 PST 2011

I wonder why the author would not take Scappi at his word on the cotton?
It was common in Italy by then (and indeed had been for centuries).  I've
been on a 'cotton binge' reading the latest academic works.  "Le commerce
du coton en Méditerranéee à la fin du Moyen Age" part of Bill's The
Medieval Mediterranean (2007) by Jong-Kuk Nam leaves no doubt.  I am still
chuckling over the German scam of putting the Venetian trademark on their
fustian because it was of a higher quality than theirs and the resulting
Venetian bruhaha.

Katherine