[Sca-cooks] Gluten question

yaini0625 at yahoo.com yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 00:21:00 PST 2011

Corn starch is gluten free. However, Skettles are not 100% gluten free. They are processed on the same assembly line as wheat products. Some people are sensitive enough that they can react to even cross contamination. I know from experience, we have them here at home, that plain M&M's are safe.
Cornstarch doesn't have the wheat gluten. Wheat (and related family), barley (barley malt) and rye have the gluten protein.
Check out www. Celiac.com or www.celiac.org for more information. In America companies are required to list common food allergies in the ingredients and some are even now listing if it is gluten free. Still rejoicing over Yoplait becoming gluten free.
Aelina the gluten free Saami

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T