[Sca-cooks] A translation...... maybe? LONG cheese

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Wed Feb 16 13:14:43 PST 2011

>>vnd wen~ du es wilt  anrichten/ so thu das Tuch darvon/ leg ein
>>Weinblat darauff/ vnd nim~ ein > Schu:ssel/ vnd >bedecks mit dem
>>Weinblat/ stu:rtz vmb/ vnnd nim~ die Schu:ssel davon hinweg/
>>darnach das Tu:chlein/ so bleibet es >auff de~ Weinblat/ ist scho:n
>>vnnd zierlich.?
>
>And if you will serve it / so take the cloth away/ put a grape leaf
>on it / take a bowl (i would suppose a flatish bowl) and cover it (?
>probably a transcript error?)

I checked the transcription twice, "nimm ein Schu:ssel/ bedecks mit
dem Weinblat".  "Bedecks" is short for "bedeck es" or cover it.
Perhaps "mit" is an error, but that's what it says.  It's clear that
you are putting the dish on the vineleaf (which is on the cheese), so
you can turn the whole thing over.

Ranvaig