[Sca-cooks] Peruvian spuds entombed in Arctic 'doomsday vault'

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 12:02:31 PST 2011

Many years ago I travelled to Paris from Stockholm and the passenger who
should sit in the seat besides me was late , it was a woman wearing an
evening gownl She apologize we were delayed because of her. She told me in
French she was so overdress because she come from a breakfast with the king
of Sweden.
She was married to someone who was at the board of the "Institute Technique
de la Pomme de Terre" (Potatoe`s Institute). I asked her what's was the aim
of the institute.
She said the institute was a global organization where the countries with
highest consumtion of potatoes worked together to recover some of the
hundreds of lost potatoe's variations which were growed in Peru and Bolivia.
Sweden is one of the countries with highest consume of potatoes in the world
and the king is patron of the institute.
Ana

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Sam Wallace <guillaumedep at gmail.com> wrote:

> For those of us who stay up all night wondering if ingredients for the
> historical recipes with which we work will be around in the coming
> years, here is a story concerning the preservation of wild potatoes in
> the Svalbard Global Seed Vault:
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02/17/peruvian_spuds/
>
> Guillaume

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci