[Sca-cooks] odd

Ian Kusz sprucebranch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 10:05:03 PST 2011

The terms and programs are illogical, for they were constructed to combat
racism, which is, in and of itself, logical, and the designations adopted
were groups that were being prejudged, in an illogical way.  Since various
people describe their bigoted boundaries in various ways, the boundaries of
protection are, likewise, subjective.

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Antonia <dama.antonia at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21/02/2011 9:11 AM, lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
>
>> Really weird, my cousins are tall, blond and have blue eyes, they have all
>>> Italian passports, should they be classified as Latino since they speak
>>> Italian and Spanish?
>>>
>>> Ana
>>>

>> No. The term Latino has *nothing* to do with being a speaker of languages
>> of Roman Latin origin such as Italian and Spanish; otherwise the French and
>> Romanians would qualify, too, as well as speakers of Romansh).
>>

>> Rather, your cousins qualify as Caucasian, [...]
>>

> Which is a strange term in itself, and not really used outside North
> America.
>

> --
> Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

> Habeo metrum - musicamque,