[Sca-cooks] Nutmeg, Mace, and Other Parts of the Plant

Sam Wallace guillaumedep at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 10:02:16 PST 2011

In the thread about Bratwurst recipes, one of the recipes Johnnae gave
included "half-crushed nutmeg flowers." I wonder was this a euphemism
for mace or if it really was the (dried) flowers, partially crushed
and then added to the mix. Likewise, I found a recipe which called for
nutmeg leaves and am aware of the fruit being used in preserves, but
have been able to get any of these. Does anyone have a good source of
these nutmeg plant products?

Thanks,

Guillaume