[Sca-cooks] Panforte is candied citron

Susanne Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Wed Feb 9 15:11:58 PST 2011

 Citron are the green ones that where candied are the Cedro (italian)  or citronat citron: Citrus medica, VERY thick peel and no "flesh to speak of lots of seeds and GREEN after beeing candied (I had the fortune to find some fresh ones from Calabria and done the candieing after Culpepper) they do taste different than normal lemons  . Watermelon seems like a substitute to me.

snipet from wikipedia:

Succade is the candied peel of any of the citrus species, especially from the citron or Citrus medica which is distinct with its extra thick peel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succade

Katharina, wading through her backlog