[Sca-cooks] Historical Food Like Modern Food

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 18 10:12:36 PST 2011

I do not want to rehash discussions we have had myriad times. But...

...someone on another SCA cooking list wanted to know how much other
SCA cooks adjust what they serve to modern tastes. After some
discussion, she revealed that people in her kingdom won't eat period
food if they know it's period and she wanted ideas for dishes that
suit American tastes (whatever THAT may be).

Since i don't try to do that sort of thing (and people in my kingdom
WILL gladly eat period dishes), i don't have a file in which i have
saved recipes like that.

I have multiple years of SCA-Cooks digests, and i have been searching
for any of our discussions in which listees have recommended period
recipes that are similar to modern dishes. So far my own searches
have not turned them up... clearly i am using the wrong search
parameters.

So if someone can direct me to a relative date, i am sure i can find
the relevant messages myself. I don't want to restart the discussion,
i just want to look over recipes previously suggested.

Thanks for any hints on where to find those old threads,
--
Someone sometimes called Urtatim