[Sca-cooks] Bibliography Help-OT

H Westerlund-Davis yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 16:59:54 PST 2011

Blessun á þessari jörð

I am hoping all of you will be willing to help with my project here. This
project was inspired by a conversation with a Middle School teacher that
insisted that people in the Middle Ages ate rotten food. I had to wonder what
other myths persisted in this school.
I would like to build a Bibliography of books and resources to give to current
and future teachers. My problem: There are 1,0001+ books to chose from in
various categories. Here is where you can help.

What top 5 books or resources would you recommend to a teacher (keep in mind
K-12 students) that they could build a lesson plan around?

Time Period: Greek to the Death of Elizabeth I
Have fun!
Please email me off list at hdavis at guhsd.net
Thank you!
AElina the Saami

Here are the categories:

History
Religion
Myths/Legends (what kind of stories would your persona read/tell to your
children?)
Language
Food/Culinary/Feasts
Medicine/Health/Dental/Vision
Politics/Trade
War/Combat/Armor
Music/Dance
Art
Heritage Craft ie: weaving, sewing (garment construction) textiles, leather,
dying, and pottery (include any how to or instructions.)
Blacksmithing/Whitesmith (jewelry)Children/Education

Duct Tape is like the Force: It has a light side & a dark side
and it holds the universe together.