[Sca-cooks] Snow

Suey Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 16:18:26 PST 2011

There is snow in Tenerife, one of the Canary Islands, which originates at
the top of a volcano. One year a US army general insisted on skiing down the
mountain. A Spanish friend had to accompany him to his grief. The mountain
was not prepared for skiers! A cousin of ours was in charge of the weather
station there for a few years. He said that they had snow year round. We
went to see it in April. It was covered with snow and freezing! We could
hardly believe the situation as on most days we were swimming in the
Atlantic or in pools and getting a marvelous tan!
Suey