[Sca-cooks] Flour question

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 16 05:15:34 PST 2011

On Jan 15, 2011, at 8:01 PM, Elaine Koogler wrote:

> So far as the flour is concerned, I may try cake flour and the semolina as
> well just to see which gives the best result.

Of course, that might be a subjective thing.

Perhaps you could give us a little more detail on, for example, the source of the statement that the flour is high in starch and free of bran (which to me says white pastry flour; semolina is usually fairly coarse -- a harder wheat -- and high in protein). Is it being used as a thickener, or to make a dough or batter, etc.?

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter