[Sca-cooks] Help me drink beer (semi-OT)

Dan Schneider schneiderdan at ymail.com
Mon Jan 17 20:30:31 PST 2011

Hej Brighid,

I suspect you don't like hops. Unfortunately, today virtually all commercial beers are made with them (they act as a preservative which is the main reason they were used, initially); the only one I know wof without hops is Fraoch, a Scottish heather ale. I have no idea if you'll be able to find it in Belgium (I suspect not often) so my only suggestion would be to ask your server for the lightest-hopped ale they have...If you ever come across the Fraoch though, I really recommend giving it a try- it's sweet, and kinda flowery, and just yummy.

Dan