[Sca-cooks] Help me drink beer (semi-OT)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 17 22:00:58 PST 2011

Brighid replied to Phlip's reply to her question about non-bitter beers with:
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Saint Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:
> Should have asked me, Brighid ;-)

I am asking you -- and all the other fine gentles on this list.  :-)

> I'm betting that the flavor you don't like is the hops, which tend to
> be pretty bitter.

Very likely.

Brighid, I agree with you. I don't like most beers I've tried because they taste bitter to me, as well. And I think it was Phlip who also suggested to me to find a beer with less hops.
I'll be interested to see what gets suggested to you.  Of course, since I'm not likely to be leaving the US anytime soon, it would be helpful if I could hear of some non-bitter beers available here. Google searches, for me, keep turning up homebrew solutions. I want to find a commercial beer, that I can find, and try.

Stefan

PS: I've put in for a 3-week board design job in Hartford, CT. If I get that, that sounds like a pretty foreign country. Anybody on here, near there?

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com