[Sca-cooks] Redaction

Euriol of Lothian euriol at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 11:30:16 PST 2011

Although I still like using "Redaction" as putting it in "an appropriate
literary form"... for my documentation. I use "My interpretation" to distinguish
what is my work, that is "inspired" by the original written recipe or
translation of it.

I got into the habit of using "My interpretation" after I had entered a
competition a few years back and discovered that the judges did not understand
by my documentation that I was not cooking someone else's interpretation of a
recipe, but my own. When I had asked for some feedback from one of the judges,
and it was said "Well, you really need to do your own interpretations" and I
replied "These are all my own, I just did not do the translation"... the judge
looked surprised and then just said "I would have scored your higher."

This was really due to an inter-kingdom anthropology issue as the where I had
been entering competitions previously, the standard practice was to make your
own interpretation of the recipe.
 Euriol