[Sca-cooks] snails and puppy dog tails...

Antonia dama.antonia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 15:13:20 PST 2011

On 28/01/2011 11:59 AM, Kathleen Roberts wrote:
> i think offal (tho i like most) would have a high standing on that list.   but again, personal taste... i loved honeycomb tripe the way my father made it (coated in cornmeal, fried and simmered in a vinegar sauce)... but i can't stand it in menudo.   go figure.   we might be getting into that 'texture' thing again.

Ok, fair enough... I have seen chicken liver at a feast, and I would
certainly consider chicken or duck liver if I saw a good recipe.  I
wouldn't rule out any kind of offal at the outset, but since I'm not
familiar with all of it, there would have to be some advance
recipe/deliciosity testing.

> i love brawn and hogs head cheese and pickled pig feet with souse (okay.... those would be weird LOL!) but dislike jellied consumme.  my husband is just the opposite.

I eat all that stuff, given the opportunity.   I think I could probably
serve some sort of cold brawn for lunch without any real concern...
mmm... cold brawn. cold chicken, rye bread, apples...

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?