[Sca-cooks] "Middle eastern" drinks for pregnant people

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 07:52:20 PST 2011

Somewhere I have a recipe for a lovely lemon-ginger syrup.  I don't know
that it's particularly period but it is VERY tasty.  If you want, let me
know and I'll find it and send it on...

Kiri

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:23 PM, David Friedman <ddfr at daviddfriedman.com>wrote:

> This works out well because fermented drinks were forbidden by Sharia law
>> anyway.
>>
>> I bet she will like Sekanjabin, the Persian mint-vinegar drink, for the
>> lovely electrolytes.   Cariadoc's recipe here:
>> http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/drinks.html
>>

> Note that it isn't really my recipe, although it is in the miscellany, it's
> the recipe from Claudia Rodin's middle eastern cookbook.
> --
> David Friedman
> www.daviddfriedman.com
> daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince